The 20th edition of the infamous La Baule Dragon Derby and 2022 French National Championships took place last week with 25 Dragons taking part. Within the line up of those taking part were seven British Dragons from fleets across the country.
Martin Payne’s True Story and Gus de Groot’s Fury got off to an early start. It was close racing, especially with the top five Dragons including Poul-Richard Hoj-Jensen’s Danish Blue, Richard Blickman’s Cobweb and Jean Breger’s Ulysses.
After six races just two points were separating each first, second and third places, but the True Story team had done enough to secure the win with Ulysses taking the French National Championship title for the first time. It was fantastic to see all of the British Dragons racing so well with many finishing in the top 20. Congratulations to all of the Dragon sailors.
- Martin Payne True Story GBR 818
- Gus de Groot Fury NED 309
- Jean Breger Ulysses FRA 391
- Richard Blickman Cobweb NED 393
- Poul-Richard Hoj-Jensen Danish Blue GBR 822
- Patrick Gifford Basilisk GBR 515
- Mikael Mahe Cloud Nine FRA 368
- Ron James Fei Lin’s Flirtation GBR 633
- Frederic Gourlaouen Q Ti Too FRA 207
- Alain Lathioor Revolte FRA 21
- Ian Grey Still Crazy GBR 827
- Antoine LeBlanc Viking FRA 336
- Martin Byrne Jaguar IRL 201
- Peter de Gruse Cogito
- Bruno Peyron Ready To Turn FRA 379
- Christian Normand Dragonfly FRA 283
- Mike Hayles Naiad GBR 764